And the final buzzword for 2008....Philanthrocapitalism. It definitely goes to prove that buzzwords created by professional journalists will get a LOT of play. A Google search on the terms brings up 41,000 hits. The book has been reviewed everywhere, debated everywhere, and discussed everywhere. Even though, from an elegance stand point, this phrase has to be one of the worst word mashups ever, this is a term with serious buzz.
So here is the whole 2008 list. Enjoy...
9) Social Capital
7) Charitable Gift Cards
6) Good gifting
5) Micro - (endowment, philanthropy, finance, franchise, consignment)
3) Outsourced Program Advising,
1) Mobile Giving,
And now, as a special bonus prize, here are some more top ten lists and buzzword games to get you through till January.
And some other top ten lists:
- IssueLab's CloseUp on 2008
- Migration Policy Institute's Top Ten Migration Issues of 2008
- Beth's list of top 10 "social media for social change" blogs