(Updated at 8:22 am PDT Tuesday October 30th)
I scooted around the web at 8:30 pm Monday night (October 29th) to see what community foundations were saying about disaster relief and response. Here's what I found by searching those community foundations in the storm zone. I'm only listing those community foundations I found that had disaster info on home page.
- Baltimore Community Foundation
- Connecticut Community Foundation
- Community Foundation for the National Capital Region
- Boston Foundation (Only had a note that the Foundation was to be closed on Monday)
- You can search for community foundations by region here
- FidelityCharitable has links on its home page
I may have missed some - if so please send me the links. All in all, not a particularly impressive showing given that there are more than 100 community foundations between New England the mid-Atlantic States and west to Illinois and there was a fair amount of warning about the storm.