- Now is the time to focus on changing narratives that have been built on decades of deficit thinking.
- Grassroots organizing, collaboration, and communication - with digital technologies - are important leverage points for institutional funders.
- To advance evidence-based practice, organizations must be explicit about goals, disaggregated data, and evaluate interventions.
- Systemic challenges require systemic solutions. It sounds so obvious, but we don't act this way.
- Longer funding commitments, permanent endowed funds, alternative models of support, and greater investment in organizational capacity are key to this field.
- Companies and faith organizations are key to the networks that will make change happen
- Leadership, leadership, leadership. At both the grasstops and the grassroots.
*I had a tiny part in this work. I was overly honored by being asked to contribute the Forward.