Wednesday, May 04, 2011

New News is Great News

And now, for a personal announcement:

I’m delighted to share exciting news. Fourteen years after founding Blueprint Research + Design, I am selling the firm to Arabella Advisors.

I will become a 1/2 time Managing Director at Arabella. The rest of the Blueprint team is also joining Arabella - we effectively become the San Francisco office of a national philanthropy advising firm.

I also will expand my role at Stanford's Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society as a Visiting Scholar. At Stanford I will be jointly launching a research project on global social sector policy and trying to weasel my way into their athletic facilities.

I will independently maintain all of my writing (this blog, tumblr, twitter, slideshare, scribd, issuu, annual industry forecast, etc.) I intend to ramp up my writing quite a bit over the next several years. (Yes, I'm still working on the book) As always, my writing is my writing - my opinions and my mistakes (in other words, "don't assume anyone else necessarily shares the opinions expressed here").

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to continuing our many conversations.

Whee!

9 comments:

Steve Bridger said...

Lucy - this is wonderful news. You join another of my favourite people - Sam Beinhacker - at Arabella. OK, you'll be on the West Coast while Sam is in NYC, but I'm chuffed to bits (as we say this side of the pond) at this news. You deserve everything.

Lucy Bernholz said...

Steve
Funny timing! Sam is actually in SF today - we're having fun already!
Lucy

Unknown said...

Congrats to both you and my classmate from days of yore, Sam!

Looking forward to more of your excellent thinking/writing.

Emily Culbertson said...

Congratulations, Lucy! Wishing everyone involved the best.

Rikki Fleisher said...

For you, all good wishes. This clearly is the Beginning of something.
With admiration,
Your Mother in Law

Unknown said...

This sounds great Lucy and efficient!Congratulations to all.

Linetta said...

Lucy,

This is so exciting for you and the field. Congratulations! Linetta

Lucy Bernholz said...

Thank you ALL for the good wishes - I so appreciate your support as we begin this next adventure!

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lucy. Keep Social Edge and Skoll advised ont he global social sector policy project.
All the best,
Jill