The fine folks at Philanthropy Australia sent me a copy of the opening speech from their recent conference - here is the link from the PhilanthropyOz blog. Besides offering a nice, concise several century history of philanthropy the speech looks to the future. A short list of what they see:
- Philanthropy is more than money - it includes time and expertise;
- Efforts to measure impact must recognize number one above;
- Wealth transfer may matter more than wealth creation;
- Corporate social responsibility is likely to continue to offer competitive advantages;
- Transparency and information sharing matter significantly; and
- Australia can and should look to it Asian neighbors for economic and philanthropic leadership.