Wednesday, March 07, 2007

10 reasons the discussion is always about nonprofit redundancy...

Notice how no one ever talks about "too many foundations?"

Time ran an article on "Rethinking Nonprofits." Remarkably, nothing new was said. However, the Agitator's comments on it are priceless. My favorites are number 8 + 6:

"8. I recently learned from my favorite sources (MySpace, The Daily Show, my text buddies) that people are still starving, the planet's still getting warmer, cancer hasn't been cured, Brittany can't find a decent rehab center -- what the **** have all these existing nonprofits been doing all this time?! +
6. I signed an online petition once to stop world hunger ... and nothing happened."
Of course, nowadays THE thing to do is start a 'social enterprise' of one's own. But, you get the idea.

No comments: